Wow! A month’s worth of your favourite life science podcast has already aired this year!
We appreciate that your time is precious and there’s a lot to keep on top of in the outsourcing space, so we’ve condensed January’s interviews down into a bitesize summary, meaning you never have to miss a moment and you can prioritise some episodes to listen back to later.
Here’s our rundown of January’s podcasts…
The UK’s hidden gem – Episode 63
This episode covers insight, innovation, opportunities and how North-East England is embracing life sciences.
Featuring Michelle Duggan, Inward Investment Manager at Invest North East England.
Michelle is an Inward Investment Manager at Invest North East England and former Partnership Manager for Newcastle University. During her interview she discusses:
- Why the North East of England is becoming a UK hot spot for Health and Life Sciences
- How collaborating and breaking down barriers is helping create a super cluster for life sciences
- The region’s academic and industrial heartbeat and why the area is so attractive to CDMOs and major supply chain players
Tune in to hear about Michelle’s devotion to the North East and learn more about her extensive career – including details about her role as Economic Advisor at the North East Local Enterprise Partnership, where she helped businesses invest, grow and prosper.
>>Learn more here>>
M&A trends in CDMO – Episode 64
In a ramarketing roundtable, this special episode discusses M&A trends in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology supply chain.
Featuring: Jean-Jacques Mondoloni, Managing Partner at WOMBAT CAPITAL, Mark Quick, Executive Vice President of Corporate Development at Recipharm, and Gerry Cox, Vice President at Pace Life Sciences. The episode covers:
- What a real-life M&A deal in outsourcing looks like from the buyer, seller and advisor angles
- How the dynamics of M&A have changed over the last decade, given the fragmented marketplace
- The impact of increased funding, PE-interest and the pandemic-produced spotlight on the sector
- The key factors driving deals and valuations in contract services
- Predictions on the future of deal flow in the outsourcing space
Tune in to hear from the panel of sector experts and get the low down on mergers and acquisition deals in outsourcing.
>>>Learn more here>>>
From Pharmacy to $1B family-owned CDMO – Episode 65
Learn about how Vetter has grown to a huge 5,500 person family-owned CDMO.
Meet the extraordinary Peter Soelkner, Managing Director at Vetter Pharma. Listen to him discuss future trends inside outsourcing and his perspective on how biotechs will develop and grow in upcoming years.
This episode features conversations about:
- The fascinating and humble origins of one of the world’s most well respected sterile filling specialists
- Peter’s journey leading Vetter to become a $1bn, 5,500 person family-owned CDMO
- How the DNA of a culture becomes critical to global business growth and consistent client delivery
- Future industry trends and challenges
- The need for flexibility to deal with ultra orphan drug products and high volume products
Tune in to hear about Peter’s fascinating career, his history at Vetter and his thoughts on future trends and challenges facing the outsourcing space.
>>Learn more here>>
The Floundering Founder, a lifetime of knowledge – Episode 66
Catch this special bonus pod with our host Raman Sehgal as he launches his debut book ‘The Floundering Founder’, out now on Amazon and Kindle.
Listen to Raman sharing his thoughts on the writing process and how reengineering his business and life led to long term sustainable success.
Having built up an impressive career in marketing and leadership over the past 20+ years as he worked his way up in the global pharmaceutical and biotech outsourcing sector, Raman distils his experience into 24 lessons for readers to refocus their business and better themselves.
Read the book and relive Raman’s close and personal revelations of starting and scaling a business, and learn how ramarketing has grown to be one of the fastest-growing global marketing agencies.
Purchase the book:
We hope you enjoy this month’s interviews (alongside our back catalogue). You can listen to all of our episodes via the Molecule to Market website, on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
Please leave a review (we like five star ratings the best!) and share the podcasts with your colleagues.
If you’d like to share your feedback, or tell us what you’d love to hear more about in the future. Simply drop us a line.