In this episode of Molecule to Market, you’ll go inside the outsourcing space of the global drug development sector with Ian Tzeng, Managing Director at L.E.K. Consulting.
Your host, Raman Sehgal, discusses the pharmaceutical and biotechnology supply chain with Ian, covering:
- Insights, trends and advice for CROs, CDMOs and pharma services firms from one of the most prominent life science consultants.
- What he gained from his time studying at Harvard and the importance of genuine curiosity and a multi-disciplinary way of thinking.
- The complexity of modality and technology fragmentation, and the challenge of picking the right ones from a CDMO perspective.
- Why focusing on ‘conserved areas’ and ‘platform technologies’ could be a smart move when thinking about diversification and long term investments.
- The shift we are seeing from volume-based blockbuster drugs that deliver billions of pills to the masses, to targeted specialty drugs, to even more advanced therapies for micro-patient populations.
Based in Boston, Ian has 20+ years of consulting experience in growth strategy, regulated markets, innovation, pricing, and mergers and acquisitions. He directs projects across the healthcare spectrum with particular emphasis on Biopharmaceuticals & Life Sciences and MedTech practices.
As a focus area, he leads L.E.K.’s pharmaceutical contract services practice. Additionally, Ian has extensive consulting and board experience with non-profit organizations in education, arts, LGBT advocacy, and public service. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in Chemistry from Harvard College and is a George F. Baker Scholar, Master of Business Administration with high distinction from Harvard Business School.
Please subscribe, tell your industry colleagues and join us in celebrating and promoting the value and importance of the global life science outsourcing space. We’d also appreciate a positive rating!
Molecule to Market is sponsored and funded by ramarketing. An international content, design and digital agency that helps companies in life sciences, get noticed.